22 Jun White Chocolate Truffles
White Chocolate Truffles
Many of you may don’t know, but I don’t eat chocolate. My body doesn’t tolerate cocoa. However, I can eat (and I love!) white chocolate. At my house we always have a good storage of all sort of chocolates: dark chocolate for my husband, milk chocolate for my daughter and white chocolate for me :-).
I discovered these truffles when my daughter was little. We found the recipe in an Easter activity book.
During the lock down (shelter in place in the US) due to Covid-19, I’ve offered many free cooking demos and classes. Making these truffles was one of them. I remember I added it as an extra during Easter school break so the children at home would have something fun to do. Besides, they could serve them at their Easter Sunday table.
Store the truffles in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. They’re delicious and fun to make.
Let’s get cooking!
225gr (8oz) white chocolate
4 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence/extract
About 4 Tablespoons sugar strands or colorful springkles
Small paper cases
• Place a pot with water over high heat and bring to the boil
• Reduce heat to simmer
• Place chocolate and cream into a heat proof bowl and place over simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water)
• Stir in the chocolate and cream until the chocolate has melted
• Carefully lift the bowl from the water (use oven mitts or gloves)
• Leave the bowl to cool for about 20 minutes
• Stir the vanilla
• Put the bowl with the chocolate mixture in the fridge for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until it’s very firm
• Place sugar strands or sprinkles on a plate
• Using an ice cream style scoop with a trigger, size 1 Tablespoon or smaller, scoop chocolate and roll between your hands to form a truffle
• Roll the truffles in the sugar strands or sprinkles then put in paper cases
• Put truffles onto a place and place in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
These truffles are a delight to eat. Let the children decorate them with any cake decorations. You can also sprinkle edible glitter. They’ll love it!
Please share with friends and family. Don’t forget to share your photos and tag me 🙂
Leave your comments, I’ll love to hear from you!
Eat well and be happy!