07 Jun Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables Salad with Yogurt Sauce Recipe
Quinoa & Roasted Vegetables Salad with Yogurt Sauce
Ingredients for 2 people
For the Salad
1 cup quinoa
1 cup vegetable broth / stock
2 red beetroots, cut into square bite pieces
2 medium carrots, thickly sliced diagonally
½ bunch asparagus (when in season) or 2 handfuls of green beans, cut into bite pieces
Salt & pepper
Fresh mint leaves
For the sauce
1/2 cup natural yogurt
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 400F / 200C
- Prepare a baking tray / sheet pan with baking / parchment paper (use a big one where you can fit all vegetables)
- To cook the quinoa:
- soak it in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Strain it and rinse it under running water to remove the bitter after taste.
- Place quinoa in a cooking pot and add 1 cup of broth (to add some flavour), bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When cooked, DO NOT OPEN THE LID and let rest for further 15 minutes
- Uncover and separate with a fork, and reserve
- Place carrots in a bowl and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of salt and some pepper. Give it a toss and place in the baking tray.
- Do the same with the beetroots, using the same bowl (less washing up)
- Bake carrots and beetroots for 15 minutes
- Toss asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 10 minutes in the same baking tray / sheet pan.
- You will cook the beetroots and carrots for a total of 25 minutes (if you prefer crunchier carrots, cook them for 15 – 20 minutes in total)
- To make the sauce: whisk together yogurt with lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, cayenne (if adding), salt and pepper until well combined and it’s easy to pour
Plate 1 cup cooked quinoa per person and place vegetables on top, but don’t mix them so the plate will look full of color. Drizzle the yogurt sauce and top with a handful of fresh mint leaves and some olive oil.
For a vegan version, make a lemon & mustard dressing
This salad can be a complete meal if you add any protein of your choice.
It is also great to take to work in a jar.
Write your comments and / or question and I will be very happy to answer you.
Please share your photos in social media and tag me.
Eat well and be happy!